Cutting bed issues

I have an odd size because of the configuration of the head on my machine. I can get to those extra mm’s. Most people want them…

If it wasn’t there you could ram the side of your machine from the console. If these were not in the controller the software could and probably would damage the machine.

In the end we are talking the same thing. You say ‘not to exceed’ that is the same as a limit or max. We are arguing about the same thing… Just how you define it, most relate limits as the same as bed size. :slight_smile:

You can set the ‘origin’ anywhere you wish and that’s where it will start from if configured that way.

I have some holes drilled around the edge of my bed. I make templates that go into holes in my bed. I use an origin for example of 20, 20 so it clears the alignment bolts.

I suggest you work with it a while and really be sure you wish to short change yourself. :slight_smile:

Good luck, take care

:smiley_cat:

Why would you think I am short changing myself, not in the slightest Jack. I purchased a 700 x 500, I have it configured to 700 x 500 and I regularly use 700 x 500.
You are probably correct in the sense that we are both debating the same side of the discussion, just terminology. Of course the max travel does indeed need to be there, without it there would be many broken machines up for grabs.

Have fun.

Add in the fact that it’s Chinese, similar to ‘Wind’… :slight_smile:

:smiley_cat:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.