Cutting shapes too high

When I send a shape to be cut, it cuts
the shape the right width but way too high
I am using a 3018 pro grbl. Has been working
Okay til now

You are going to need to help us a bit more here. What does the mean, exactly? Pictures and examples are helpful, setting information is even better. :slight_smile:

Do you mean too tall? As in, stretched out vertically? Do you have the rotary enable switched on? If not, check in Edit > Machine Settings, and make sure the X and Y axis “steps per mm” values are the same. You can also type $$ into the console window and press enter, and check the $100 and $101 values. They’re the steps-per-mm settings for each axis, and should be the same number.

G day Rick, I am using 3018 pro grbl , windows 10 laptop ,latest version of lightburn .An example of the problem, if I draw a square adjust the size to 30x30 mm send it to engrave or cut and I end up with a rectangle 30 w by 90 h mm.
It has been working Okay til now. I have just updated to the latest version of lightburn. I am still a newbie,had the paid version for about a month

Take a review of the post below to ensure you are configured correctly. Once confirmed, let us know what your results are running this 30mm x 30mm test again and we can go from there.

Hi Rick I checked the $32 setting, it is set to true.
I tried the 30x 30mm square it cut 30mm w x 70mm h
I rotated the square 90 degrees and it still cut 30w x 70h
I think the problem may have started when I updated to the latest version of lightburn as I have made quite a few successful projects before.
Would I be able to change back to previous version of lightburn and try again

I can assure you this is not an update problem. Go to Tools > Rotary Setup and make sure you do not have the ‘Enable Rotary’ switch on. Then look in Edit > Machine Settings and make sure that the X and Y axis steps per mm values are the same.

Thanks for your assistance "enable rotary "was on
Its working good now.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.