Dead rows with cutter?

Strange problem after upgrading to 9.19 - getting dead rows where either light burn isn’t sending info or controller isn’t printing. Sometimes corrects with machine/computer restart - sometimes not.
Image of problem https://imgur.com/E0HEKrd

Not sure if anyone has had a problem like this before.

• What kind of computer system (PC? Mac? Which OS version?)
  • How are you connected to the laser? (USB, Ethernet, WIFI?)

USB, PC Windows 10 home x64.

Note: prior to upgrade over 1 year no issues.

I’m just trying to isolate issue - hardware or software so i can correct.

Which version were you running before? I haven’t seen this issue yet from anyone else, so I don’t think it’s a bug. Do you have a lot of files stored in your controller? They can get weird if full.

Hadn’t thought of that, but I don’t usually store files on the machine. Was running 9.16. I’ll reset controller and make sure everything is clear.

Ok, so I’ve finally been able to replicate. If I get the error and restart the cutter/controller the error persists, but if I don’t restart the controller and just restart lightburn the problem clears. I reinstalled at 9.19 and the problem is intermittent but not nearly as often. Now that I have a cause and a work around I thought I’d pass it along, overall very happy with software and recommend you guys to anyone who asks what I use.

I’m also going to replace the male to male cord next just in case.

Thanks again for taking the time to look at my issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.