MKS DLC32 V2.0 fitment to K40 - Wiring and Initial setup

Hello, can you show how you wired it ?
Thx

Thank you, Sir.

Hey NorthernStrong, so did you get everything working with this? I’m getting ready to try this board out.
Thanks, G

Hi there
Yes. It is running.
BUT the wiring has been changed.
The TTL connection for the DLC32 V2.x is different to the V1.1
I could not use the GND from the TTL (top right corner).
I had to use the GND from the “Spindle”.
And all worked out.
IMPORTANT
Turn off the laser when powering up the unit.
There is a split second that the laser is firing.

Beside that, I am using with my digital panel to set the ‘MAX” current.
Cheers.

1 Like

That’s good news you are up and running, I’m just getting ready to try mine, I will switch the “G” to the spindle, Thanks for the heads up on that, anything else I should look for? Thanks and happy burning.

That does look like a nice plug-and-play board…

For me it is an easy upgrade.
I did remove my photo sensors and replaced them with the mechanicals ones.

I had to figure out the directions and how the HOMEming sequences were.

NO for the sensors.
Wi-Fi LIVE streaming to engrave from Lb to K40 is not working well due to the latency.

But you could air drop using and lunching the web UI from your PC web browser ( you need micro SD installed on the board) the Gcodes generated by LB and run it locally from the main board itself.

If files are saved on as card, and you needed to cut/engrave days/ month after, you just need to select the files from the touch screen and play it. No need to open your PC/ laptop.

Good luck!!

Thank you, Sir…

Hello NorthernStrong,
I was wondering if there is any way you could share your GRBL settings?. I’m having a hell of a time with it, I get it works with the control board and then doesn’t work right with Lightburn, then I get it working with lightburn and it doesn’t work with the control board. any help would be appreciated.
Thanks for your time and help

Yup. To set up the Grbl was a heck of challenge.
Spent 3 days to figure it all out.

I have posted in the FB K40 laser enhancement group already.
I am trying for about 5’ now and
LB forum doesn’t allow me to post .nc files
Will try with pc tomorrow.

I connected:

• Spindle’s Gnd to L
  • TTL’s S to IN ( you need a two way switch so the Controller’s IN and TYL’s IN are not conflicting)
    The IN can only take one signal; either from the digital controller board or from MKS’ TTL S.

-24 V Dedicated power supply’s Gnd to laser power supply’s Gnd

1 Like

Just add .txt on the end as a file extension and try again - I want to see success and I want people to get to their goals.

2 Likes

lol… thanks a lot.
yes , I know. I was trying to do it on my iphone… it could not rename the file with txt extension.

1 Like

Grbl-K40 Feb 24-2022-working -config.txt (1.4 KB)
Here you have!
replace the .txt with .nc

I hope you will be successful with your laser!!!
pls let us know if we could help.
cheers

3 Likes

UPDATED WIRING CONNECTION
due to the MKS DLC32 V2.x has significant trace changes, it does not work wiring the TTL’s Gnd to the L of K40 power supply.
I am wiring it from the Spindle’s Gnd to the L. this is tested on my K40 and it is working well.
pls see the updated wiring diagram.

2 Likes

What I do is add the .txt, so if it’s whatever.pdf → whatever.pdf.txt

That identifies the original format…

:smile_cat:

1 Like

Hi Bob, I will give this a try and let you know. Thank you for taking the time to help me with this Sir.

Never mind on this Q :crazy_face:

Well Bob, I’m bummed to say this Didn’t work for me. My brain is fried for today, if I have time I will mess with it more tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

If you post some picture of your wiring and set ups it would be helpful to allow ppl around to help you better.
I use LaserGrbl to connect to my board first and load the config to the board.
I find this is easier for me, rather using a microSD card to load or from LB.
I did replace my OEM limit switches to mechanical one and routed new stepper motor wiring.

I am using a dedicated 24 V dc power supply to run the main board and stepper motors.
A dedicated 5V dc power supply for sensors lcd.

Good morning Sir, I’m at work so can’t post pics, This laser is a omtech K40 newer model the mini version.
I have a dedicated 24 V power supply to run board and steppers, it has mechanical limit switches, with your setup it wants to home lower right, my limit switches are upper left, but I can add two more if needed, as for the jogging “X-Y”that works in LB , but not for touchscreen the Y axis moves in wrong direction.

On MKS Discord, one guy said I needed to flash the board FW (grbl) with the direction I won’t my steepers then change it in lightburn, because they are two different setup’s, not sure how to do that because if I change anything in LB it will change how the touchscreen works. Thanks for your time and help.