Does Having lightburn and RD works installed create a problem

Does having Lightburn and RD works cause a problem with the rotary.set up
I noticed that Lightburn reads the settings from the machine and it seems like I have been having problems setting up both since I started using both. I have a roller Rotary on a Boss LS2440 with a Ruida644xs and at the moment I can’t get either one set up. The RD Works usually stays the same for everything but now it doesn’t rotate at all no matter which program I use.

If you only run one at a time, it shouldn’t be an issue. You don’t want them fighting over the laser connection.

Lightburn usually attempts to read the controller information, so if you go to ‘tools → rotary’ it will read the rotary configuration. If it’s already configured you can enable it there.

Have you used the rotary or is this a new ‘item’? Where are you attaching it and how have you configured it in Lightburn.

Might want to google lightburn rotary setup and ensure you follow what’s up.

Lightburn will not write to the controller unless you tell it to, so it didn’t change it ‘randomly’.

:smiley_cat:

Thank you Jack I do only run one at a time. I found out what the issue was I was having and corrected it. However, my RDWorks settings should stay the same if I don’t use the rotary in lightburn. I thought. They don’t, all i have to do is open Lightburn and the rdworks setting changes. Not while I am using it. Whenever Lightburn reads the controller it changes my settings. Now even though RD works is set correctly a4 inch image has to be shrunk to less than two inches to fit in the space and it is not tall enough and I don’t know how to fix it…

Do you mean the controllers settings are changed when you close Lightburn and look at them in RDWorks?

Do you have your rotary enabled in Lightburn? ‘Tools → Rotary’

Lightburn does not change it unless you ask it to. It changes mine only when I write to it or enable rotary from the Tools menu.

What is being changed?

The settings for the rotary settings change even if the rotary is not checked. I can set the rotary in rd works to the correct settings. however now my image comes out too short. If I turn off the rotary in rd works and go to lightburn, the lightburn settings are the rd works settings. when I reset them to a desirable setting and engrave something I go back to rd works and the settings are changed to lightburn numbers. I would like to set the darn things to the correct settings and leave them but that seems impossible. I have to set lightburn up from scratch each time and that is time consuming. I like the features in Lightburn better but RDworks is easier to reset.

Besides the fact I don’t run windows, so RDWorks is alien to me Lightburn won’t change it. Something else is causing it. I’ve run Lightburn with various rotary configuration setups and it clearly does not change things without you telling it.

How/why are the settings different from RDWorks compared to Lightburn?

Do you know where these ‘changed’ values are coming from?

Lightburn does not update settings to ALL controllers. I have the same issue. I have WIN 10, I have RDWorks v8, Lightburn and Laserworks 5.5 on my PC.

Lightburn will run the flat work fine, and will read settings from the machine, but it will NOT write to the board, it says it does, but nothing is updated.
Lightburn will not run either of my rotary attachments. I have to use laserworks 5.5 for the machine settings and Rotary.

This is because my controller is not fully compatible with LB, is an older board I guess ( I am looking at upgrading)

So basically I have to start laserworks and change the machine settings, then use LB for the flat work, because laserworks is so basic.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.