Does the EleksLaser-Mega Laser Engraving Machine CNC Laser Printer work with Lightburn?

did you connect it and see for yourself?

No, because the manufacturer warns, far what reason ever, to use other software. Therefore I am prudent and try to refer to the experience of other users.
P.S.: au vu de votre pseudonyme vous pourriez être francophone. Est-ce le cas?

Connect it, it won’t do anything to the machine and the manufacturer really doesn’t care :slight_smile:

i have run eleksmaker A3 with LightBurn before i bought a co2 laser, about 2 years ago, there is no danger to try.

OK, Thank you for the information

It works, but I don’t know how to control the position at which the head will start its work, so it happened that it hurted the edge of the frame with a little noise, trying to go farther than the edge.
I hope that that doesn’t risk to cause damage!

here is also something useful:

That is really useful! Thank you.

I have encountered an other problem when writing some text: the pen didn’t raise up between the letters.

I suppose you’ve got your LightBurn running with your machine, congratulations!
I’m not into this with z axis, I do not have this feature on my machines. But, I would think here in the forum is there anyone who can help you with that.

In fact the Z axis is laser on and off; it is the same connection.

I assume the pen is controlled via a servo? (A link to the exact machine you have would be very helpful - there are SO many Eleks machines)

Basically, LightBurn doesn’t support pen plotters if they use the Z axis for lifting and dropping the pen. For Grbl we will only output M3 or M4 to turn on the laser and M5 to turn it off. But my guess is that your pen position is controlled by the Z axis instead of a simple on/off signal intended for the laser. That is how the vast majority of Grbl pen plotters work.

So unless you want to load custom grbl firmware on there that controls the servo via the laser on/off signal, LightBurn will not work for you. We do not support substituting Z axis movements in the place of laser on/off.

I recommend this version as a starting point: GitHub - cprezzi/grbl-servo: Special Grbl version for use with servo instead of spindle or laser.

The only other way I’ve found to do it is to intercept the laser PWM signal with another micro-controller and use that to control the servo.

1 Like

Thank you for that information.
Yes, the pen is controlled by a servo and I was told that it is simply the signal of the laser that controls it!
It worked and only the last writing of text was done with the pen down between the letters.
The machine is this one:

Ah - then maybe you don’t have laser mode enabled? I know that seems weird since it’s not a laser but it’s “emulating” a laser so it still applies.

Read this: Laser not turning off between cuts?

$32=1 is an invalid statement

Oh - wow. You must have a really old version of grbl then. Definitely look into updating your firmware. Otherwise there’s really nothing we can do.

How do I update the firmware? I have just bought the engraver and the firmware provided should be the latest.
Which is the latest version and where to get it?

https://wiki.eleksmaker.com/doku.php?id=faq

About the draw module:
https://wiki.eleksmaker.com/doku.php?id=drawmodule2019

google is really useful.

Ok, it works again.
What I still don’t control, that is the working area, so that it tries sometimes to go farther than the physical edge.
And a new problem: printed text is mirrored horizontally.
What more is, the pen is not lifted between the letters, but it is at the end of the job.

I have inversed the X axis and the mirroring has gone, and the pen is still lifted between the letters.
The solution was provided by Lightburn itself in the console: " If your laser does not turn off between cuts,
switch to the GRBL-M3 device"

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.