Download blocked by Windows DefenderSmartScreen

I tried to download LightBurn-v0.9.04.exe. I got message saying
LightBurn-v0.9.04.exe is unsafe to download and was blocked by Windows Defender SmartScreen

That’s a load of hooey - 0.9.04 is a digitally signed application. Which version of Windows are you running?

I’m running Windows 10

Try using Chrome instead. I paid a substantial amount of money to get LightBurn digitally signed so this wouldn’t happen. That’s quite disappointing, but I suspect it’s the browser trying to be clever because you’re downloading from a Google Drive. There should be a way to disable that.

Hi Oz

So I clicked for updates and it says that a newer version of 0.9.04 available but I already have Beta 0.9.04. So I open Google Chrome as you suggested and was able to download newer version. Went back check for updates and it says again that update.0.9.04 is available

It’s a bug that’ll be fixed in the next version. Rest assured that you’re already up to date.

I was testing some new code to check if the posted version was after your license expired, and disabled the “do I have this one?” check temporarily and forgot to put it back. It’s been fixed.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.