DPI Line space error unable to correct

Laser was working perfect. Came back and using exact settings from yesterday there are lines that cannot be fixed via DPI. Unable to tell if it occurs during cutting. I noticed it the next day when engraving letters on wood. I have cleaned mirrors, made sure they were accurate, changed other settings. My chiller was leaking and I fixed it. Could it have damaged the glass tube? I am at a loss. Here are pics of before and after.

Welcome to the forum…

Unless you stopped flow through the tube, I doubt you could have damaged it… if it lost it’s coolant or the flow was interrupted for any time, it could be an issue… you really didn’t give much information to go on here…

There is an easy way to find out if your tube is toast.

1. properly working tube
  2. aligned and clean optics
  3. proper focus

If you have these three, they work… Which have you not checked?

My machine worked fine, then I was off doing something else over a three day weekend and when I got back to it, it didn’t work, right.

I found on the alignment that the tube was going away from it’s TEM0 resonance state… So I ordered a new tube…

I realigned it multiple times, but each day it would change a bit. By the time the new tube showed up, I had remove the small nozzle and replaced it with a bigger one as the beam started to hit the nozzle…

When you do an alignment, start with a target on mirror 1 (m1) and see if the tube is in the proper tem state.

I cut targets out of watercolor paper and use them in the mirror locations for alignment purposes.

When you do this, make it low power so you can see the power distribution of the beam… so the center should be dark, getting lighter towards the outer edges. A burn hole is useless in this determination…

Here is when I found mine not working correctly… this was dead center before the tube started having issues. Notice it’s not a round, center with even power across the beam.

If anything is not clear, sing out… :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Good luck

:smile_cat:

Hi Jack. Thank you for responding. I did have another person take a 2nd look at the laser. Found out the lens under the 3rd mirror somehow became loose again. Got it tightened and it stayed this time. The laser is completely perfect again. Phew! That was a close one.

1 Like

Great that it’s working again… you need to keep stuff snug…

Might want to mark you thread as solved…

Take care

:smile_cat:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.