Dual head laser support?

Hi, I am new to the forum. But just added a dual head laser from Full Spectrum and I absolutely hate SmartCarve compared to Lightburn. My question is, are you able to use Lightburn on a dual head setup?

It is a feature that is being worked on, but not currently available. I am sure LightBurn could give you a better idea of when it will be available.

1 Like

LightBurn does not support the stock Full Spectrum Laser family of products, single or dual tubed systems.

Hi Rick, it actually does work with the Dual Head option from Full Spectrum, Lightburn just doesn’t support the dual head option yet from what I have researched.

LightBurn doesn’t support Full Spectrum’s proprietary controller hardware. If they make models that use Ruida or Trocen controllers, then LightBurn would work with those, but single-tube only for the moment.

Does FSL sell machines that use something other than their own controllers?

Yes, apparently the dual head laser I bought from Full Spectrum runs a Ruida controller from what I kinda figured out. I will be talking with one of the main Full Spectrum techs tomorrow about the laser. I will ask some questions since I was under the impression when buying the laser that I would have to use Retina Engrave. But I will be much happier when Lightburn supports the dual option, I will be waiting patiently.

Also, let me know if you need any info or pics from the laser, be happy to help since it apparently is a Full Spectrum Laser.

I just checked out the product page for their dual head laser and it does appear to be equipped with a Ruida. That’s interesting since all of the other models use their proprietary controller.

Thanks for the new info. I will update my brain when I can find it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just curious if you guys have a rough eta on the release of the dual head LightBurn support release?

I was hoping to add it to this coming release. I might still try to squeeze it in, but if it doesn’t make this one it’ll be the next. It’s overdue.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for the reply. Will be purchasing as soon as its out.