DXF export help

I am having trouble when I export any dxf file using lightburn.

Once I try to open the file on AutoCAD 2019 it asks me to press enter to continue and I never get the drawing or text or anything.

Does anyone know a fix to this?

I think LightBurn is missing a field in the DXF export (Layer) and Autodesk products are very rigid about the format. Every other piece of software I’ve tried accepts LightBurn’s DXF output - it’s a known issue that I need to investigate more.

Can you give the attached file a try? I’ve made changes to the DXF exporter and I’m hoping I’ve got it fixed.

DxfTest.dxf (42.2 KB)

I get a “Fail to insert the DXF file” when trying to open this in Fusion.

That’s very non-specific. :slight_smile: I’ve been digging more into the format and found a few more bits in the documentation that specify what’s required and what isn’t. More changes are coming.

Sorry if it is indeed very non-specific. However, that is the only message they send.

Oh, I wasn’t blaming you for that, just laughing a little. AutoCad gives quite specific messages about problems in the file, and I have another user who’s been doing import attempts for me and sending me the error feedback.

I am still getting “Press enter to continue”

This is after I export a DXF drawing from Lightburn and try to open that DXF drawing in Autocad 2019.

Nothing comes up just a blank screen still.

Not sure if it helps but I can export SVG from lightburn, open it in inkscape, save as a DXF, then open it fine in Autocad.

It does lose some detail thou so I dont use that drawing.

I’ll try the InkScape DXF export and see how it looks. I know I’m missing a couple of data fields, but I think I’m quite close.

1 Like