Eagle from the dark

Thanks to help from Bulldog I have improved on my tile work.

Getting better but still some work to do. There seems to be some unevenness in the output, you can see like a binocular effect in the bottom centre of a darker patch. Not sure what that isā€¦ It may be the original image.

There are also lines going down the image which is strange as I engraved across the image???

800mm/min
100 power
Jarvis
3.5w diode
2hr 9mins

2 Likes

Brilliant picture, lines probably down to belt tension :wink::+1:

Thanks for sharing the photo and the settings, without this information it is ā€œjust a fineā€ picture.

What is the ā€˜belt tensionā€™ā€¦ I am using a 3018cnc machine so not sure if this would apply???

No,i guess it wouldnā€™t :roll_eyes:

Looking goodā€¦If tile not cleaned first and uneven coatā€¦or not dry tou will get blotches
The vertical lines indicate a mechanical issue with your laser gantry (x axis)ā€¦loose beltā€¦debris in gearā€¦beltsā€¦loose wheelsā€¦wobbly lensā€¦loose laser moduleā€¦You especially see these lines in tilesā€¦(with wood the burn radius generally hides this anomaly)
tile will show any little anomalies with your systemā€¦I,ve spent hundreds of hours trying to solve this ā€¦
Basic Mechanical Checks:
Remove all belts from steppers
By hand move both gantries upā€¦downā€¦side to side applying both horizontal and vertical pressure
Feel for any bumps ā€¦tightnessā€¦wheel slopā€¦bearing wearā€¦stepper bracket momentā€¦
Clean all the track v-grooves and wheels
Grab the laser module ā€¦see if there is any movement play
Same for Laser lens
Ensure that x and y gantries are at 90 degrees
Put belts on and ensure tightened correctly

Okey dokeyā€¦ All noted.

I ha e now tightened all screws etc, a few defo needed a good turn. Hopefully that will solve the lines.

I thought even coverage of the paint might affect the patchesā€¦ I find getting an even coat tricky to be honest (Iā€™m not the great at spray paints).

I have however managed to ā€˜colouriseā€™ the tile though. Iā€™m really chuffed with this now.