Eleksmaker Pro only making square

I need to think something else is going on. LB works fine with all sorts of other Nano solutions and Nano based controllers. It’s one of the most common controller solutions discussed in this forum and yet I don’t think I’ve ever seen an issue related to overrunning the buffer on a Nano.

Where did you get the GRBL file that you used? Perhaps it’s worth trying a different firmware.

LaserGRBL comes with a utility and firmware files to flash very easily that you may want to try. I’d recommend going with the 1.1h custom firmware if you want to try it to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks @berainlb, for sticking with me on this one.
I got my version from the grbl github page

I have a few spare nano’s so I can always flash another with version H
I will do that in a few hours.

Well, the version that you used should be totally adequate but I still think worth trying a different firmware and a different board if you have one. Likely more the board than the firmware in that case. Or possibly a bad flash.

If you get the same behavior you should try running the job with the laser module unplugged. It’s possible that the laser board is causing you grief somehow. I wouldn’t expect this to be an issue since you’re able to run a square and able to run in other apps but might lead to some other insights.

Just flashed a new nano… off course one without a bootloader… but I had a Uno ready as a ISP programmer

What is the best Value for $10 initially it is 3 on my org eleksmaker.
But I read on the various eleks configs on github $10=0

Do you have homing switches and does the machine home to 0,0? If so then 1 or 3 are fine. You’d only really use 0 if you wanted to use working coordinates based on offset vs machine coordinates. In general you wouldn’t want to unless you had it.

I keep it on $10=3.

but why did I not listen to you when you high lighted the user start script.
I already mentioned that I made an error. in putting in M14 instead of M4.
M4 is the modification for the laser power…that it will accept anything else beside max power.
I found out once I exported the Laserweb GCODE and put it in LightBurn that it would run without any issues…

Once after that I remembered that I have not altered the setting…

After setting it to M4 all went well… @berainlb and @JohnJohn thank you both for your support
do not ask me why the square did work and the circle not…

1 Like

Haha. Well glad that worked. You should not need any pre or post script actually. M4 is used directly by LB. I thought you had something special setup that required its use.

I suggest you remove those scripts entirely and let LB do its thing.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.