Engrave inversed text onto Anodised Aluminium

I have a design (or part of below). I want to engrave the square around the date without engraving the date (oh I hope that makes sense). So the finished engrave should have the date looking black (black anodised aluminium) another example below.

Any help on how to achieve this in lightburn would be appreciated.

1 Like

If I understand what you’re saying, all you have to do is select the box and the date then set to fill. It should not engrave the date and only engrave the rest of the box. Hope that makes sense.

3 Likes

You generally want to scan across the fastest axes. That, on most machines is the X axes…

From your post, it looks like you are cross hatching it or something… Most of the time we see the transversal movement overscan on the X axes…

Just wondering…

:smile_cat:

I was just showing her that the text wouldn’t burn but the box would :blush:

Yes, I just noticed your overscan in the vertical direction… this usually slows down the machine severely.

Just thought I’d mention it…

:smile_cat:

I do appreciate it Jack! My laser had to be replaced so as soon as I get my new one I plan to fix these. Thanks for the advice!

Thanks so much :slight_smile: I was looking for a complicated solution to a simple problem!

1 Like

You’re welcome!!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.