Engraving - How to get a "middle-centered" line?

Hello - I would like to know, if there is a possibility or a function in lightburn, to get a kind of “middle-centered” line?
For examaple: The T has a outline - I would like to convert this in just one single line.
I do not really know how this is called - so it is a little bit difficult to describe.

Regard, Holger

tt

It is called single line font and is found specifically for laser, (but not exclusive)
Try using the search function here in the forum, there has been a reference to a whole library of slf.

There’s nothing like this in LightBurn today.

If you were doing a trace of a bitmap this would be referred to as Centerline tracing. I’m not sure what this would be called if you were taking an existing vector and extracting a centerline from that, possibly something like centerline extraction or centerline derivation.

As Bernd points out there are specific font types that feature this type of construction if fonts are your primary interest.

Thanks for your answers :slight_smile:

I have a number of single stroke fonts. A couple of them actually produce two stroke fonts… I’ve had a discussion with one of the people selling them about it…

What do you plan on using it for…? A single line from the laser is pretty small and insignificant.

:smiley_cat:

If it’s just fonts you want, we do have SHX font support (which is the kind that single-line-fonts are made in): How do I add shx fonts in 9.24?

And once you have some SHX fonts added to your system you can filter to show just SHX fonts by right clicking the font menu when you have the text tool open, if you uncheck system fonts it will show you only the SHX fonts. :slight_smile:

I am using Lightburn also for creating easy layouts for my cnc router.
Actually I have a Logo and want to engrave with a router a single line in the wood.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

We don’t yet have a function for creating single lines from regular designs (it’s a really tricky problem for a computer to calculate!), but you can suggest it as a feature using the link at the top of the page. :slight_smile:

1 Like