Engraving on Tiles Norton Method

Hi everyone ! I’ve spend quite some time experimenting with different settings to engrave Tiles and using Nicky Norton method. I worked but after engraving and cleaning with ACETONE cleaner the final photo result is not dark enough. I’ve done several setting variations such as Speed rage between 700 and 1500, Power 60 to 100%. result don’t seem to improve much. Under Settings is it advisable to select Grid Contrast and set from Low to Mid or High Contrast.
Thank you

Which Paint have you used?

1 Like

I’ve been struggling with the same issue, but finally making some progress after making sure the laser focus is dead on. I don’t think it’s possible to tune your way through an out-of-focus laser when working with bitmaps.

I have found that when the engraving doesn’t come out dark, I didn’t have a thick enough coat of paint. Try a little thicker coat than you are currently using. I do multiple tiles when painting. I do 3 to 3.5 passes per row in one direction, then repeat in the other direction, not moving super fast or slow. I currently do my tiles on my 5.5w diode at 900mm/min at 93%.

Thank you Felix. I’ll try your suggestion over he weekend. Generally I only spray one layer according to several Youtube videos.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.