Engraving problems strange lines

Good Day
I am having problems when I am engraving with my lasher machine
Dit some test see pic
when I turn on the ramp function it engraves fine but it is slow as it slows down and stops on the center lines between the two rectangles
when I turn ramp function of it is much faster but it makes those triangles in the middle

I am using light burn software for the design and to control the laser machine
I am using Marlin firmware version 2.0 on an mks gen 1.4 board
the laser is an 80w co2 laser
I am also using the m106/m107 commands to turn on and of the laser with pwm
as I am struggling to get it to run on the m2/m5 commands with pwm
Any advice or suggestions
also new to the light burn software and marlin firmware

I don’t believe Marlin has ‘velocity ramping’ for laser power, which means that when engraving, as the laser head speeds up and slows down you will get lighter / darker regions in your engraving, because Marlin isn’t adjusting the laser power to compensate for the changing speed. GRBL and Smoothieware both do this, which is why we tend to prefer them.

If you turn on overscanning in the fill layer settings, it should improve at least on the sides where they get darker. I’m not sure what’s happening in the middle there - that looks like you are moving fast enough by that point that it is no longer burning, and then when it slows down again the burn resumes.

Regarding the ramp mode, did you enable that for a specific reason? (as in, do you understand what it is supposed to do? or did you just turn it on to see what happened?)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.