Erratic Movement and Behavior with Gweikecloud Pro II

I am using v1.3.01 with the USB driver supplied by Gweikecloud for the new Pro II co2 laser. I had a lot of issues using it in the first couple of days, because there was a lot of erratic behavior. It took a few tests to confirm that it’s Lightburn talking to the machine and not the machine itself. I’d much rather use Lightburn than the Gweikecloud Offline software, but I wasted so much material I’m a little hesitant. I thought I’d post the issues here to see if this is something that people were aware of, or if I need to just keep pressuring Gweikecloud to update their drivers.

Here’s a list of the issues I observed:

• When doing a series of cutouts for coasters, the laser head would zip around very quickly, ignoring speed and power, and get out of alignment for the circle cuts around the engravings.

• Most engraving layers would finish, but when the laser head was supposed to go back to home (top-right corner), it would instead shift to the right an inch, drop Z-height down to the base (17mm) and scratch the heck out of the material by moving up and down the Y-axis for a couple of inches. It wouldn’t stop doing this without me powering off the machine and powering it back on.

I have been using Lightburn only to setup my files, export to DXF, and import into Gweikecloud Offline software for the time-being.

Take a look at this post. It covers some Z-axis setup that may address the second listed issue.

As for the first issue, can you upload a simple .lbrn file that illustrates the issues that you’re seeing there. Will review to see if there’s anything odd about the file.

While you’re working through these issues I’d suggest using some less precious material… waste cardboard or anything else more disposable will help your wallet.

Ah thank you. I hadn’t seen that particular post!

How can I get the file to you?

You can simply drag and drop the file to the edit form or push the upload icon in the form toolbar.

Oh jeez. I didn’t even see that. I’m sorry. Here’s the file, though I was able to use the settings from the post you linked and things went really well last night! I’m so excited about that! It’s not that the Gweikecloud Offline software was bad or anything, just not as many options and as clean a presentation as Lightburn.
BuggedFileMaybe.lbrn2 (432.1 KB)

That’s great. Hopefully that addresses your primary issues then.

I took a look at the file you posted. I don’t see anything particularly troubling there.

A couple of things to look at from a tweaking perspective:

1. You’re using cross-hatch for the fill. There’s nothing inherently wrong there but I’d encourage you experiment with that to see if you’re getting the benefit that you expect. Different materials will reactive differently. Also, most machines don’t scan as well vertically as they do horizontally.
  2. Again for the fill, you have a line interval of 0.0640 mm. Not sure what material you’re burning to but I’d suggest running an interval test to make sure you’re close to an ideal interval. Going higher than needed will increase time and actually decrease quality since you’re going over the same area twice.

@berainlb is in line with his comments…

Laser Everything has a great video… the name is a bit misleading, but the content is stellar, along with how it’s presented…

It shows how, with any laser, to adjust the dpi to the best possible value. I’m sure you’ll find it very informative.

This is a very important to lasing… part 1 is about 40 minutes…

Good luck

:smiley_cat:

Huge thanks to you both!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.