Error 8 Frustration

I recently downloaded LightBurn and my laser stops engraving on every thing I’ve tried to burn. It is giving me a “error:8” : _(“Grbl ‘$’ command cannot be used unless Grbl is IDLE. Ensures smooth operation during a job.”), message each time.

I am able to start the burn again from the preview screen and the laser will burn for a bit and will eventually give me the same error code.

How fast are you running? Ortur lasers have a built in motion sensor, and if you move too quickly sometimes that triggers. I’ve also seen these machines drop the USB connection semi-regularly if you don’t install the correct drivers for the machine (included in the download package for it) or if the USB cable is loose, and that will give that error as well.

2000 mm/min to 3000 mm/min at 8% I was able to burn these speeds through LaserGRBL. Once I downloaded LightBurn the laser has been stopping on both.

Nothing you do in LightBurn would affect LaserGRBL, so it sounds like this is just coincidental timing. I would check the USB connection to make sure it’s secure.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.