Error Message "“There was a problem sending data to the laser. The Machine may be busy or paused”

Hello all! I am using a Gweike Cloud 50W CO2 laser with Lightburn on my Macbook Pro running Sonoma 14.4. I’ve used this computer successfully with Lightburn and my laser for quite some time; however, we recently moved. Since setting up my laser, I’ve struggled with getting it to work smoothly. I keep getting this error, “There was a problem sending data to the laser. The Machine may be busy or paused”. I have checked my connections, deleted the laser from Lightburn and, loaded it back, turned the machine off and back on again. The laser is recognized and connected. The only way I was able to get the file to engrave was to push the button on my laser over and over again because it kept pausing. Lightburn sends the file, but the laser won’t automatically go. I have to physically push the button, which has never happened before. Then the job would stop engraving, and I’d have to push the button again to get it to continue. It was a very small job. Why is this happening? I am definitely still learning and don’t know half of what Lightburn or my machine is capable of, but I’ve never had these issues. Any guidance would be really appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.