Error using some fonts (bug?)

thanks Joe… my scanning offset was a recommendation from a page in LightBurn or Xtool, don’t remember now, but its something worth tweaking/thinking.
this problem appeared ONLY after I tried FILL with my own TRACED images… it does not happen with any other figure/drawing before.
it had printed with double images vertically once, and when I traced it again, it printed horizontally double images, my guess is that it is a software related problem.
the fact you can test it successfully makes the case more complicated… but MANY thanks for the input.
just a theory…

start by checking and making sure your scanning offset is 0.15 and not 15.0.

the fact that it moves with the scanning direction tells it all.

The first file you uploaded had the scan direction at 90deg in the cut settings. The second it is at 0deg. That is why one is shifted horizontally and the other is vertically.

This isn’t a software or a machine issue, its a config/settings issue.

thanks for the time reading and the explanation :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

yes, it was/is 0.15 for full speed.
as for your advice, I’ll keep testing my settings, thanks.

I was un-installing and re-installing LightBurn to see if that makes a difference… old way to double checking digital issues.

again thanks for taking the time reading and printing… that’s HUGE feedback.
I just realized that I traced those images in my main machine, then, printed / burned them from my MacBook by the laser…
even though both have the same configuration, something might be different, that is triggering the offset.

THANKS Joe…
I followed the completely zero tolerance option… meaning, completely un-installed LightBurn in both machines (including all configurations) and re-installed in ONE machine first, imported the Xtool D1 Device configuration I’ve downloaded before from LightBurn or Xtool webiste, and then, exported that machine configuration to the other one (main).
Guess what… now all is working as expected.
As you suggested, was probably a setting/configuration, or maybe one of the machines got a not 100% code in it, that somehow got repaired in the process.
Old way of doing things… not the most noble, I’d say.
PS the only difference in the configuration that I could see/find, was the code: “M106 S0” in the GCode tab, under the Start GCode box, the rest looked identical.

glad its working now

after lots of testing and configuration changes, I arrived to the conclusion that this laser, Xtool D1, is not 100% compatible with LightBurn.
actually this laser was running ONLY their own software, LaserBox, till a couple of months ago, when they made changes to be able to communicate with LightBurn.
The inconsistencies I’ve found show that they have not yet arrived to a total communication with LB…
I’m moving to an OmTech machine… enough of spending my time troubleshooting something I cannot repair.
Thanks for your input.

1 Like

I believe your conclusion is spot on. I too have had absolutely nothing but problems with my D1 and LightBurn. After spending many many many hours reading forums, watching YouTube videos and trying many configuration settings to figure out what I am doing wrong, I too conclude that they are by no means truly ‘compatible’ with each other. It is my opinion that LightBurn is a fabulous piece of software, that I love using, and the D1 seems like it could be a really nice machine, however; I am trying not to be angry right now at the fact I am well over $1000 in the hole on this endeavor. I feel I have been lied to and scammed by XTool. It is my opinion that the claim that XTool’s D1 works with LightBurn is a straight up lie. At least I learned my lesson before I had to purchase LightBurn, which actually makes me a little sad because I feel it is a great piece of software that I now have zero use for.

thanks for the feedback…
I decided to return the machine, loose 30% of re-stocking fee (its NOT an American company) and move on to an OmTech, as I believe the value of LightBurn is fundamental for really developing nice pieces with our laser machines.
I have never been exposed to this kind of tools before, so I didn’t had really a total understanding of the possibilities… now, my imagination is creating new ideas constantly… I need LightBurn to go forward.
Again, thanks for your feedback.

news of today: I’m waiting for the delivery of an OmTech AF2028-60 - 60W CO2 Laser Engraver Cutting Machine…
saw a demo a couple of days ago, and there is no way to compare a diode laser to a CO2 laser.
not as big as yours, but moving in the right direction.
thanks for the feedback that help me move to the next level.