Etching Tiles with Fiber Laser

I january 2023, I bought a X30 Atomstack diode laser, and I started to engrave tiles, and etching with powder paint. …Made an engrave of 0.5 mm deep, obiously,it took a while, about 14 to 20 hours, tile of 8 x 8"…So when fiber laser appeared, MR20, I bought the laser guessing job was going to be faster…But with the MR20 fiber laser, I can engrave a tile, but first of all it must be painted, then the engraving is superficial , that I can´t apply the powder paint…I´m doing something wrong or is not the right application…

It’s always nice to know the material… tile comes in many varieties, such as porcelain/ceramic, slate, granite, glass and metal.

These are created by @bulldog with his 60W fiber. It should be able to be done with a 20W machine, just a bit slower…

Can you clarify what you are doing a bit? What do you mean by superficial? What do you mean using powder pain?

What are you doing that requires them to be painted?

:smile_cat:

I make an engrave on tile…Once engraved is etched with powder paint and baked… Is there a way to engrave ceramic with no apint??..I tried t engrave the tiles with no paint…Just nothing…Transfer tape, even I tried armor etch, trying to avoid reflection…Please help…The only wa I found is painting the tiles.

There is a method, like the NTM that uses use TiO2 mixed with a carrier to hold it on the tile… This is then lased.

A bit of reading… good luck

:smile_cat:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.