Explanation of error codes

I have these 2 codes. I got them after I re-assembled the laser.It was disassembled for 9 month?

error:9 G-code locked out during alarm or jog state.strong text
[MSG:Caution: Unlocked]
ALARM:8

Homing fail. Cycle failed to clear limit switch when pulling off. Try increasing pull-off setting or check wiring.

1 Like

Is the laser head moving normally and attempting to home at startup? Can you describe the motion?

Make sure that the head can make contact with both X and Y limit switches and that there is nothing impeding. I suspect the Y-switch located on the bottom left of the laser has been bumped or somehow not triggering properly.

I get the same error. But it still homes correctly.

An error 9 is a ‘gcode locked…’ because of something else, it’s happening quickly. The alarm:9 and error:9 are different.

My machine states it’s homing, then I get the ‘OK’ from it. Yours seems to choke without any kind of identifier…

Answer @berainlb question with a description of it’s physical movements. Lightburn sends it certain codes when it starts up…?

Before you power it on, move the head away from any corners. He will want to know which way it goes, does it go towards the proper limits, if one axes stops at the right point…etc

Good luck

:smile_cat:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.