Extra steps to connect to laser

I have Custom built laser using SKR 1.4 Turbo board running Marlin FW. Cannot connect straight from Lightburn. If I try to connect with lightbun, it discovers the port but the laser does not respond. I can go to Arduino serial monitor and the laser will respond to the commands. I then close the serial monitor and Lightburn will connect normal. What can I do to fix this?

Are the baud rates the same? Did you try manually setting up the device using the marlin option in LB.

I did manually set up for Marlin. Checked baud rate (115200). Again after connecting with serial monitor in arduino then closing will work fine. If I disconnect laser, I have to close LB connection, start arduino, send command, close arduino. Then connect with LB. Makes no sense.

What marlin branch did you flash to the controller, you may want to have a look at this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gdk0wHg51w

It suggests marlin 2.0 bug fix.

I am not sure about the board you have normally when you connect via serial monitor in Arduino it resets the controller before it connects. If it has a reset button i would try pressing it when lightburn does not see it instead of opening Arduino as a test to see if it has the same effect.

Do you have a screen on the controller, my mks dlc 2.0 came with a touch screen that I have to disconnect from the main board before using LB, for me its one or the other.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.