Falcon 5W - Position outline actually cuts a little into TPU

If this is the original Creality Falcon it seems to go into what’s called “Preview” mode to frame the job when shifting from standby to on state.

I assume this means you’re running the job from the TF card.

If so, the power level will be determined on the controller. This isn’t something that’s controlled by LightBurn.

A quick search doesn’t provide any information about how this would be changed nor can I find a user manual for the original Falcon.

If you don’t have any documentation for this I’d suggest reaching out to Creality about how this power level for the Preview can be adjusted.

1 Like

I’ve reached the same conclusion. Using USB cable works fine. Unfortunately I was planning to use the SD card. But I’ll reach out to Creality and see what they say. Thanks!

Yes, it is a feature of the Creality Falcon: insert the TF card, power on the laser, press once the start button, the laser will move with laser on with low power to highlight the outer frame (bounding box) of the job to execute. This allows to position precisely (in theory) the material. Once it is satisfying, you press again the start button to start the job at normal power.
Indeed, the power of the laser in this mode is very low, I suppose the TPU is very sensitive to heat.
AFAIK, this framing behavior is hard-coded, we cannot change its power nor speed.

They seem to have some information … including a firmware update…

:smile_cat:

I don’t find any information there that would indicate how the “preview” power can be adjusted.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.