Faster Borders for larger projects. Is there a way?

I have a 19 x 13 project that has a 2mm wide border set about 6mm in from the edge. My question is this: Is there a faster way to burn the border 1 side at a time, instead of it taking so long to go back and forth across the entire width? The border is just a straight line, nothing fancy, but at 250 dpi, it takes almost an hour to just burn the simple border. Any ideas? I know you can direct the laser to burn individual items in a certain order, but this is one object that encompasses the entire panel. I have thought about breaking the border into pieces, but this is not ideal.

There are two options I can think of. On the advanced tab in the cut settings editor, choose flood fill. This should drastically reduce your time for the border. The other option is choose offset fill, but that might not give the look your going for.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I will experiment with both tonight!!! And just looking at the documentation, the Flood Fill looks exactly what I need! I just didn’t know what it was called!!! THANK YOU!!!

You could also try using offset fill for just that layer.

Flood fill: 1:04

Offset fill: 0:55

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.