Fiber Laser Interfering with IR - Remote Controlled Devices - TV, AVR, ANYTHING with an IR Remote

As a new fiber laser owner/user, (Commarker B1/30), I discovered an issue that may/will affect anyone with a fiber laser that is operated in the vicinity of “Home Electronics” that are controlled via an IR remote control. Seems that the frequency of the fiber laser beam sometimes hits the same general frequency that your IR remote uses. While I was burning a couple of days ago, I found that my DVR remote was not responding to any command. I checked/replaced the batteries-the old ones measured 1.32 volts, and even with new batteries, the remote still did not function. Yep, I WAS burning at that time and my engineering mind “told me” that my new fiber laser was the main suspect. After covering all my electronics IR “windows”, my self induced “problem” went away. SO, IF you happen to have similar issues with your fiber laser “confusing” your electronics, NOW you know… Black electricians tape is not sufficient and a small piece of cardboard covering the IR window of your devices will solve this interference…
This forum section may not be the “proper” venue for this info, but, here it is…
P.S. I LOVE the performance of my new burner :slight_smile:

3 Likes

On a side note, The Commarker is a “B4”, got confused with my Longer B1/30 UV laser…