Finding new laser

So i recently bought a new laser and got rid of my 50w which I was using with Lightburn and had all the correct drives installed for the ruida controller. Anyways my new laser is not found when I search devices through the lightburn program. It is an 80w co2 laser is there a trick to finding the new laser?

You can delete the previous, then repeat ‘Find My Laser’ or add it yourself clicking the ‘Devices’ button found near the bottom-left of the ‘Laser’ window, then click the ‘Create Manually’ button and follow this process: Manual Creation - LightBurn Software Documentation

How do you delete the old profile just hit remove? I have tried and and it’s doesn’t seem to work

Yes, this should remove the selected device from the list. To confirm, you need to highlight your current device profile, then hit ‘Remove’. You should see it removed from your list. Then confirm this action by hitting the ‘OK’ button, which will close the ‘Devices’ window.

Open again and add your new laser using ‘Create Manually’.

Is this what you tried? Please provide the details as to what, exactly, “…doesn’t seem to work”, and we can go from there. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is what I tried but I guess it wasn’t highlighted. It worked this time and picked up my new laser! Thanks for the help!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.