Focus test negative starting point

using ruida controller I was trying to set the focus test to a -3mm to 10 mm but the focus test wont allow a negative number to be entered. this would allow a better gauge to check focus. Or is there a way to set the z position to zero without using focus z button so you could move the bed to like 3mm and set the z to zero and then run the focus test

Ruida won’t accept negative numbers for any axis - there’s no command I can give it that will position it that way.

If you zero’d the Z to the bed of the machine, that could work - it will obviously be too close, and all other numbers away from the head would be positive.

thank you. Is there a way to zero the z bed manuely? Right now when I turn on the the laser it defaults to 3000 and then you need to auto focus to get it to set to zero. If i adjust the auto focus probe lower so the the head is at bed hight or even 1 mm above I run the risk of the head hitting the bed.
By the way love the lightburn program and all you have been doing with it.

Please egnore previous entry . I found one of your comments on the subject that sort of helps. Thank you. Keep up the good work.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.