Framing button suddenly working

I recently been having a problem with my Framing buttons. I will move to the location and stop. Why is this happening? Ia there a control that needs to be reset?

In order to do some troubleshooting we’re going to need some more information.

Please open the Console window in LightBurn, attempt to replicate the problem and capture the information sent to LightBurn from your engraver.

Copy and paste the information from the Console window into a reply here so we can read why the engraver stopped. If the engraver didn’t send a rationale for stopping It could be a hardware or power supply problem.

Waiting for connection…

[ORIGIN: China]

[PRODUCER: ORTUR]

[AUTHOR: ORTUR]

[MODEL: Ortur Laser Master 2 Pro S2]

[OLF: 185]

[OLH: OLM_ESP_PRO_V1.2]

[OLM: GENERAL]

[DATE:22:44:33 - Oct 25 2021]

[VER:1.1f(ESP32).20210403:]

[OPT:VNMZHSL,35,4096,3]

Target buffer size found

ok

Homing

ok

<Idle|MPos:0.000,0.000,0.000|Bf:35,4096|FS:0,0|Pn:P|CL:0,100|PS:2,1|ER:0,0|VA:11719,0|Ov:100,100,100|A:S|H:1,7>

It appears that you pasted nearly identical reports - I deleted the duplicate.
Did you ask for the Laser engraver to Frame? I saw no code or error message on either asking for framing behaviour. The Engraver believes that it homed correctly.

I simply downloaded what I was asked to do. This happens every time I hit the framing button whether the rectangle or circle. I moves to the location then stops. I also have a Omtech CO2 laser that works fine with Lightburn software.

I push the Frame button and the laser head goes to the location of the item to be framed and it stops and does not continue with the frame. I get no error listed when this happens. If I do this on my Rudia CO2 laser it will frame like it is supposed to do. I appears to be a problem with my Ortur machine.

If my settings are on Absolute it does as I stated on the above statement. If I put it on User Origin or Current Position it will not move at all just sits in home positiion.

I’m not sure if I’m reading this correctly but this seems to indicate that the controller is receiving 11.71V. This is a 24V laser is it not?

Are you using the proper power adapter for the laser?

1 Like

I’m using the one that came with the laser. I also noticed that once my carriage get to the location it appears to lock up. I need to physically force it to move.

Do you have a meter? Can you measure the voltage coming from the power supply?

Bought a new power supply still shows 11V

Just to confirm, is this only while the motors are on? Or are you saying it’s physically impeded at that spot?

Whas is the power rating of the supply?

Model: 1250
Input: AC100-24V-50/60HZ
Output: DC12V 5V

GRBL software also 11V and will not work

Your laser is a 24V system and requires a 24V output power supply. Can you double check the rating of the original power supply as well?

We order exactly what I have been using since we got the machine in January

Model: WNB-1203000
Input: 100-240V AC 50/60Hz
Output: 12V 3000mA

There’s some sort of disconnect. Let’s reorient.

Can you confirm your exact laser model please? I’m wondering if I’ve misunderstood something.

Is this not the laser that you have?
Ortur Laser Master 2 PRO S2 – Ortur

But specifically the 1.8 Series…

This is a 24V system and should have come with a 24V power supply.

If this is not your laser can you link to the correct laser please?

Yes it is OrturLaser Master PRO S2

[t came with this adapter
Model: WNB-1203000
Input: 100-240V AC 50/60Hz
Output: 12V 3