Framing button suddenly working

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/apparel/rcxgs/tile.CB483369110.gif

Should I be using this one?

Can you take a photo of the front panel of the laser controller?

That link doesn’t seem to be working.

This is what came with this unit

How did this one work for 3 months

Thanks for the photos. Wanted to confirm that there wasn’t a variant I wasn’t aware of and that the front panel calls for 24V 2 Amps.

Realistically, you could get any quality adapter that’s 24V 2+ Amps and center positive.

The adapter that you received is the same one used in Ortur’s 12V systems so they must have packaged that inadvertently.

How did this one work for 3 months

I just ordered a 24V 2+ adapter

It probably never worked as it was supposed to. Hopefully nothing was damaged in the process but you’re probably fine. The controller itself probably has no problem running at 12V. I’m not sure if Ortur reduces power for the steppers or if they’ve shipped 24V steppers on the machine.

We shall see after I get the new on Tuesday

The steppers are most likely current driven so they might have operated from the 12 V supply ok (higher speed stepping could have been affected). The controller is probably a 12V unit and the input is dropped to 12V to make it run; therefore, the 12V supply may have been able to run it. The laser head on the other hand, requires 24V in this laser engraver. Most likely no damage with 12V, but I wouldn’t expect the laser head to operate properly. This should be taken care of when you get the 24V supply.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.