From a cranky old man

Complete noob, so sorry if I offend, but I’ve spent decades on various forums, and I’m sorry, but the layout/format of this one sucks. It is ponderous and very difficult to navigate, and especially finding sub forums I have been too. Like, where is 'Introductions"? I posted there earlier today, and it doesn’t even show up in my ‘activity’.

As I said in one of my earlier posts, all the LB problems, and now this forum issue is not confidence inspiring. I do not need the headaches of forum navigation added to all the apparent setup problems I seem to be in for.

Hmm. I’m a cranky old man and have spent decades on various forums and I thought this one was relatively easy to use and navigate. I guess it all depends on what you’re used to.

Sorry it’s such a headache for you. :frowning:

2 Likes

As a VERY cranky old man, it beats VBulletin into a cocked hat.

Don’t you see this as your front page?

Yes, I do. Where’s ‘Introductions’?

I’ve no idea. This is a software support forum, run by the software company, isn’t it?

1 Like

Oh, alright, I’ll start,
Ahem, ahem,
Hello, My name is Jan VanderLinden and I’m from Columbus Ohio.

It’s here:

2 Likes

I have provided, in response to your other posts, some information that we hope will help you get setup and going. There is a ton of information already here for the Ortur Laser setup and we have an official Ortur Tech who visits regularly and offers assistance as well.

We understand you have a choice of the software used with your laser. We are just one option available to you. The laser you have selected to use is known to be in the DIY category of lasers, with a strong emphasis on the “Y” part. LightBurn is here to help you, we have documentation, videos and this support forum to assist.

If you provide the specifics, what have you tried and what result have you gotten, we can most likely point you in the right direction. :slight_smile:

4 Likes