Graphic is there, but not in preview?

So I have a conundrum.
Was playing around with this new laser, dialing in some settings, and decided I needed to see how my ‘guesses’ compare to a real world example of what we’re going to use this for…
As you can see in this picture, I’ve a black and white graphic. Its’ set to passthru, FYI, with speed and power from one of my tests. I’ve also a cut line to cut the thing out of the board.
As you can see in the above screenshot - preview does not show/play/include the graphic. But it’s clearly checked to be output in the cuts tab…
The image is a PNG, for what that’s worth.

Huh.
John

Can you include a shot of the cuts window and also the graphics settings?

Sure thing:

It’s set to pass-through, but you also have ‘negative image’ enabled. If all the content of the image is either black or transparent, it’s not going to produce any output. Is that what’s going on here?

DOH!
you see, I’d brought it in as a PDF but the graphic was complete black square. I’d toggled that to see if something in the PDF inverted the image… DOH! Can I PM you the PDF - you can check to see whats up? It’s a PDF exported from AI so I have no clue whats wrong…

Email it to developer at lightburnsoftware dot com and include a link to this thread. I can have a look.

Done! Thanks very much!
Love this software. Lots of similarities to inkscape, which I use. My wife uses AI so it’s going to be a bit of a learning curve for her… :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.