grbl-HAL testing

Hi Phil. Have you tested the single axis homing comand? My machine only uses one endstop on the X axis. It´s a laser plotter that i designed. I have enabled the following lines in config.h:
#define DEFAULT_HOMING_ENABLE
#define HOMING_SINGLE_AXIS_COMMANDS
I also enabled the hard limits and homing in the grbl settings.
When i send the $HX command it says that system command was not recognized or supported.
Is it something missing in the configuration?

I am just not getting notifications. My apologies for this late response. Have you also enabled Homing on Single Axes in Grbl Settings? $22=3 (homing +1, enable single axis +2).

No problems. You really have helped a lot. The issue really was the $22 settings. Now it is working just fine.I really appreciate the help that you have been giving.

Done the blog post? I heve the same controller - plan to test it on my diode laser setup.
x,y,z and rotary axis
AirAssist control (from layers in LightBurn)
TMC2160
LightBurn

Would be great if you made a BlogPost for how to optimize for laser use

• if the controller was “auto detected” by LightBurn

One question for the people here that have been testing/using the teensy4.1 with the grblHAL.
Has anyone had any issues with the board randomly freezing for 2 to 3 seconds and returns back to normal during an engraving?
I have been getting that issue with mine.

This appears to be a bug in a recent grblHAL build. Older versions do not do that. If you have set your planning buffer to something large, like 1000, try cutting it back to 500. It wouldn’t hurt to go to iMXRT1062 Master Branch 20210219 pauses when used ganged axis · Issue #261 · terjeio/grblHAL · GitHub and post a note that you are seeing it also. Hopefully it will get resolved soon. I know the developer is focused on it.

I have been reading about that issue on that page. I tried to register but i am having some issues. Probably something in my browser because i am getting the same issue on other sites. I have set the buffer size to 500 and checked for the ganged axis and the problem still happens. I think that you have set from 1 to 0 in you firmware. I have checked for the ganged axis and have my values at 0. I will try to see if i can register to also post those issues in the thread regarding this.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.