Grouping objects, Docking objects

Hi All,
My name is Alexander, I am a programmer with 14 years of experience.
After examining your software (1.0.04) and comparing it with RDWorksV8 (8.01.54), I came to the following:

1. There is no way to make automatic grouping of objects and the grouping of an object with innards.
  • Define an outer closed path, select all inner objects and group them.
  • When you have a lot of objects on the sheet, and you need to quickly group, so that first engraving is done, then the outline, then the cut. (Every detail to be independent)
  1. There are no buttons: “Docking left/right/top/bottom”
  • Allows you to quickly slide an object close when you need to cut something on the finished sheet from the rest of the empty space.
  1. My laser starts at coordinates 10’000 x 10’000, so there is a problem with movement, since you are limited to 1’000 x 1’000. Please increase the maximum number of characters from 4 to 5.
  2. When you indicate the cutting direction, it is not followed. For example: I want the laser to cut from the top left corner downwards, then upwards, then downwards again. (Snake)
  • When the sheet is large and the plywood is curved, it is convenient for me that the laser moves like a snake from top to bottom. I will rearrange the pig weights to the right, so that my hand does not fall under the beam and press down on the plywood.

LightBurn_v1-0-04_v001

RDWorksV8_8-01-54_v003

You can select everything inside a shape like this:

I should be able to add “auto group” functionality quite easily - we have the tools to do this already.

That means your laser has failed to home. This generally indicates a hardware issue and something that needs fixing.

Thank you for your reply.
The “auto group” function - everyone will be happy, as it will make everyone’s work easier.

• Can you please tell me where these settings are configured. Thanks.

They’re configured in the Ruida vendor settings. There’s a doc in our help on setting it up here:
https://lightburnsoftware.github.io/NewDocs/ConfiguringRuida.html#homing-directions-and-travel

Thank you for reply.

Question-1: May I ask you to include the “auto grouping of objects” feature in the release of version “1.0.05”?

Question-2: When do you roughly plan to release version “1.0.05”?

Yes, I can look into adding the auto-group feature.

The same time we release all versions. When it’s ready. :slight_smile: (we do not give hard dates, because we shuffle things around all the time).

In fact, 1.0.05 is likely to be released today, but it is a very small patch release to fix a discovered bug. 1.1.0 will follow whenever we feel it is stable.

It is a pity that the new functionality of “auto grouping of objects” was not included in the release of version “1.0.06” = (
When can we expect this functionality?
Thank you in advance.

1.0.06:
- [Oz] Fixed a bug with the autoweld on script fonts introduced by new "autodetect monoline fonts" code

1.0.05:
- [Oz] Added some checks for a valid / connected laser in Machine Settings, cut palette editing
- [Oz] Added code to limit the max internal size when converting to bitmap to prevent a crash
- [Oz] Bugfix: Fixed loading a shape from LBRN2 that had shared verts, but unique prims - could crash

We offered to look into adding this. We did not offer a timeline as there are many things currently on our list. The .06 release was a bug fix to address one silly bug that slipped through in the previous release.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.