Happy owner of a license 😊

14 days ago i bought a license for Lightburn.
Really looking forward to learn more about this software as a do more and more
projects :grin:.

Currently I’m making some CD covers.
I noticed that from 1/10 to 7/10 the burning got weaker and weaker. It’s the same wood.
The total burntime is 49 minutes on each cover.
The body around the laser is not warm at all.
Does anybody have an idea why.

I haven’t used my Eleksmaker A3 Pro 2500w for many hours, so I don’t hope there is something whit my laser…

I have the same machine but with a 5.5 Watt diode. For very long projects, I have experienced that my original power supply became very hot, not the diode itself. If you have the opportunity to find a more powerful power supply, I think you should try it. That was what helped me. In general, overload is not a known problem with normal use of laser diodes if their official rated load is not exceeded. Tasks that took several hours have not had a negative impact on my diode.

1 Like

I did never check the power supply when I was engraving.
I will check this the next time on a bigger project, and start looking for a more powerful power supply.
What kind of power supply are you using now?

Thank you very much for this information :blush:

I do not have the old supply anymore but think it was only 1.5A The “new” I just wanted to test has 12V 5A and I never changed it again :wink:
It is not only the power that must be able to be delivered, but the stability of output voltage from the power supply which has an influence on laser diodes.
If the diode is not broken, it is always an easy attempt with a proper power supply to get your diode revived, remember to throw the old one out if it is the part that is defective.

Do you have a separate power supply for the laser since you have the 5.5 watt laser?
I have the power supply connected direct to the control board

No, it’s the same construction, only one power supply for it all, my old one was just not good enough to supply the motors, the controller and the laser itself.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.