Heat exchanger, can it be glued?

Bought my laser machine second hand and it came with an additional tube that I’ve only just looked at. The brass part has come off. Any suggestions for suitable adhesives or worst case do I just get rid? Thank you.

I would imagine a two-part epoxy resin would work best as it is much more resistant to heat, moisture etc. Amazon have Gorilla 2-part really cheap

I have had the same problem, laser tube came from the factory with the cooling ring fallen off. I used two components patex and it worked fine. But the tube itself must of course be unbroken. You can try it out and see if you get a purple ray into the tube after you glue it, or as I play to say, I can always throw things out later.

If you zoom in on the picture, it looks like the glass is chipped and fractured where the exit lens mounts. The cooling collar also has some burn marks. Both of theses conditions would be of possible concern, like maybe the tube was bumped or has shipping damage and was then fired causing the burn marks on the collar.
Just my 2 cents!

Carl

Thank you all. I’ll give the 2 part epoxy a go.

Look for thermal epoxy, used on heat sinks to provide a strong bond along with thermal transmission.