Help. Im new one with laser. I need a help how to set up LB?set laser to cut materials

so far I have engraved on wood, leather but I don’t know what parameters to set for my laser to cut the material? please help
I have chinese laser 40 w…

What material are you wanting to cut, and how is it constructed? In the case of wood, is it solid, plywood, hardwood or softwood? How thick is this material? These are all important bits we do not have from you to better assist. The best approach is to do some test cutting on scraps of the same material to dial in the best parameters for that material. You can then save that setting in a Materials Library, for recall the next time you want to cut that again.

Testing is the best, as each laser will behave a little differently and each batch of material you plan to cut can have slight changes effecting the cut as well. Test, test and more tests to find the best setup for your gear. :slight_smile:

Tnx, I want to cut the leather (2.5 mm) from one pass. How? EVO foam??

This is not easy to answer for your system, as mentioned, testing different cut setting is required to answer “What is the best setting to cut XXX?”.

Here are some resources that might help with setting up your test files.

Old and not the same laser, yet the general concepts are valuable to review.

One of our nice members has produced the following to help. Auto-generate test files for LightBurn. LightBurn Test Generators - Lightburn PowerScale Generators - O2 Creative

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.