Help Please.. Lightning went through laser

Lightning went through system. Power supply was dead so replaced with new power supply. Still had problems so I replaced the Ruida controller also. Everything now powers back up but I did reset of settings has lost all of my previous settings. Had to figure out how to get English instead of default Chinese. Internet search took care of that problem. After messing with it for awhile I noticed I was getting a shock from the laser case. So I stripped out all the wiring and replaced. My main problem is the laser fires continuously when doing an engraving. It was doing this also before I rewired. The LightBurn preview looks correct but the image is completly filled with the travel areas being engraved when using a fill setting on the graphic. On a line graphic it burns the image but has travel marks to the different areas! See example image below. Since playing with it I have lost all my settings. If any one has a a RDVset file I could load to get a few of the correct settings it would be appreciated. Below are a few of the problems I need to fix, but need to get the image burning correctly first.

1. The home goes the wrong corner (no limit switch in that corner.
  2. Arrow keys on keypad move wrong direction.
  3. The graphic now engraves at 10% of original size (really small)
  4. The speed is really slow

It’s probably a settings problem. For the reversed upside down image try resetting the origin in the spanner icon at the top of the lightburn page. There are 4 circles, one should have a dot highlighted. If the dot/selection is at the bottom, try changing it to the top. if the image is ok that’s good, if it’s also reversed then change from left to right or right to left.
I’m afraid other posters with more experience will have to help with the other problems as i’m new to this.

There are more things which you should check. I have Trocen controller, so I can’t tell you the exact setting for Ruida, but some basics are similar:
1/ why there was a ‘lightening’ - this happens, when the High Voltage comes to the ground/case. This should NEVER happen (In my case this lightening blowed my material sensor). You should check all the HV cables and their connections. All HV cables should be in one piece from the power source to the tube. all connections should be properly isolated - I personally use the vulcanizing tape and it works great.
2/ you should check the Ruida jumper settings and wiring. the directions and ratio would be definitelly teh setting issue. at first I’d reccomend to read the manual :wink:

After reading through the forum last night it seemed that a power supply is the culprit of the continuous firing. I had already tried a new power supply that was identical the the bad power supply, then i tried a power supply that originally came in the red/black laser that was working when removed and upgraded. I have another laser (about 7 years old) that i am not using since it will not work with LightBurn and took the power supply out of it. This power supply has so far solved the original problem. With the help of the excellent document of programing a Ruida controller by OZ I am able to get the laser back up and going, just a little more fine tuning. Thanks to all…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.