Help Setting Up Lightburn on Mac

HI, I just recently bought a Ortur Laser Master 2. I’ve assembled it together and I’m trying to test it out however I keep getting this error. Can someone assist me?
By The Way, I have a Mac Laptop.

Waiting for connection…

Waiting for connection…

ok

[AUTHOR: RenShen]

[MODEL: Ortur Laser Master 2]

[OLF: 137]

[DATE:01:15:16 - Apr 20 2020]

[VER:1.1f.20170801:]

[OPT:VZD,35,254]

Target buffer size found

ok

Homing

ALARM:9

Homing fail. Could not find limit switch within search distance. Defined as 1.5 * max_travel on search and 5 * pulloff on locate phases.

ok

Ortur Laser Master 2 Ready!

OLF 137.

Grbl 1.1f [’$’ for help]

[MSG:Check Limits]

[MSG:’$H’|’$X’ to unlock]

[MSG:Caution: Unlocked]

ok

Bookmark this thread as I am going through the same issues and guys are trying to assist me. I am also using a macbook pro laptop

Make sure you have the power cord plugged in - if it’s just connected by USB, it will talk to you but there will be no power to the motors. I know this seems like a dumb and obvious thing to start with, but make sure both USB and power is applied.

Alarm 9 and 8 are usually caused by users forgetting to turn power supply on.

ALARM:9 : Homing fail. Could not find limit switch within search distance. Defined as 1.5 * max_travel on search and 5 * pulloff on locate phases.

Do the motors try to move the laser???

IF motors DO move …ALARM:9 means that either the machine is moving in the wrong direction trying to find the switches, or they didn’t trigger, and both point to a wiring issue or a settings issue. The machine comes pre-configured, so unless you altered settings it’s likely wiring. Double check the wiring to the limit switches, and make sure the wires to the switches are coming out of the proper side, and the switches are mounted so the machine is making contact with them correctly.

Have you added anything to the laser? ie: Z-axis adjuster?

Let us know if you get it figured out.

@kerrylaw I looked over the laser again. And here’s what I did.

• I looked at the assembly instructions and found out that I installed the limit switch the wrong way. I went away and corrected it.

• I have both the power cord and usb connected.

• As for the wiring I double checked the control panel as well as the x-axis and y-axis motors and they both work fine, however I’m still getting this error.

Waiting for connection…

ALARM:9

Homing fail. Could not find limit switch within search distance. Defined as 1.5 * max_travel on search and 5 * pulloff on locate phases.

ok

Homing

Ortur Laser Master 2 Ready!

OLF 137.

Grbl 1.1f [’$’ for help]

[MSG:Check Limits]

[MSG:’$H’|’$X’ to unlock]