Help U axis need to swap to Y

HI,

I have a laser with Ruida 6445G

I tried over a year ago to play with a rotary and did the 15.01.22 firmware - but remember not having a good rotary device and giving up.

Ive returned back to the laser to try some new project on it

and it seems to be stuck on the U axis - the X axis is working fine

for the life of me with the rotary disconnected i cant get the Y axis to work anymore - its stuck on the U

ive installed now 15.01.30 patch but I still cant get the Y to work

ive read forums for hours and cant figure out what ive done wrong - I’m just a lost beginner

any help would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

What exactly is stuck on the U axes?

Did you disable the rotary in Lightburn?

Can you control the X and Y axes via the machines console?

:smile_cat:

When I press the buttons on the machine -

the X works fine on the direction pad
and the Y does nothing - no movement

but when I press the U button up and down it does the Y movement

and Z is just for the bed height

Lightburn wasn’t on as the computer was off - but I tried again with Lightburn on and rotary was disabled and still same issue

.30 is the current firmware for the 6445G. I have it in a folder at the top of my Google Mod Page. If you have too much separation between firmware and software, you can get all sorts of gremlins. You may just have rotary enabled somewhere and it’s switching to the U axis automatically.

Thanks so much for your help guys

mystery solved i looked again for a few hours and double checked all the settings and couldnt see anything enabled for rotary

so then i checked the wiring and the Y was plugged into the U on the controller board
i feel so silly hehe

alas at least now i can try this new project :slight_smile:

It’s always the little things that will get you. Glad you got it figured out.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.