Help with camera

Hello all,

I have purchased a camera module. The DELOCK 96368 and I can’t get it right.
It is 2592 x 1944 pixels, but LB holds it 640x480, so I don’t get a sharp image given the distance of 105 cm from the bed to the lid of the machine where it is mounted.
Now I read somewhere here on the forum that it is the camera that I use first because LB cannot read the standard resolution at 2592x1944 from the firmware of the Delock and LB sets it at 640x480.
I bought the camera elsewhere instead of LB because they are all sold out and I had to continue working. Unfortunately they are still not in stock. What can I do ? Like help.

Ps. How many degrees of camera do I need? I do not know if I have understood the calculation correctly on the forum here. Now have an 80 degree camera. The dimensions of my work area are 100x70 cm and the height from the bed to the camera is 105 cm.

Thank you all in advance.

If the firmware is set to use the lower resolution as default then lightburn uses that. The lightburn cameras have the high resolution set as default in the firmware. Hopefully they can fix this so we can use other cameras …

We have completely rewritten the entire camera code module from scratch and currently testing internally. This new code provides much greater control over the camera and allows adjustment to the default resolution not available in the currently released version.

If all goes well, this will be in the next release.

Very nice, I hear really good things about this next release. Lightburn just keeps getting better and better.

Oh thank god! I’m new with Lightburn and hope this problem will be solved soon on the next release. Still the question if my camera is the right angle in degrees…any help please ?

How many degrees of camera do I need? I do not know if I have understood the calculation correctly on the forum here. Now have an 80 degree camera. The dimensions of my work area are 100x70 cm and the height from the bed to the camera is 105 cm.

I can’t help you there - I can only answer that question for cameras I have purchased and measured. The lens angle is not the only part of it. Our 110 degree 8MP cameras, for example, “see” the same amount of bed area as our 140 degree 5MP cameras, because more of the image from the lens hits the sensor.

Ideally you want the camera mounted directly above the center of the work space, looking straight down, so it can see the whole thing evenly. It’s ok not to do that, as the camera code in LightBurn will correct for a lot, but that is the ideal spot and will give you the most consistent accuracy across the work area.

And when do you expect the new release ?

We do not provide release dates, things can change along the way and we won’t release until we are confident in the new update. The best I can offer is “Soon-ish”. We are currently testing the internal candidate and things have been going well, so that is a good indicator things are coming along nicely. So, soon-ish. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.