Help with issues since update

since the latest update, I’m having nothing but problems.
my work size is 800x400, when I type in coordinates 400x200, it is not centered anymore. it is off by 1-1/4"
I also tried burning a 1/4" test square, and it only burned 2 lines then stopped.

anyone else having similar issues?

A couple questions:

• Does your machine have homing switches and homing enabled?

• Do you have a workspace offset programmed? (This will often happen if you use other GRBL based software and “set origin” in those)

If you aren’t sure about the workspace offset, type ? in the console and press enter, then type $# and press enter. Each command will return something from your controller. Copy and paste the text your controller replies with here so I can see it.

nothing on my end has changed other than the update. I am using a Grbl based machine. Fox Alien Reizer Mega with 40W module. As stated, 800x400 work surface. before the update, if I sent it to 400x200, it would go absolute center. I have a grid pattern for a common project of mine burnt into my washboard, and can see ho far off center it is from before.

thank you for your reply. much appreciated. I look forward to more.

?

<Idle|MPos:0.000,0.000,0.000|Bf:15,511|FS:0,0|WCO:30.000,0.000,0.000>

ok

$#

[G54:30.000,0.000,0.000]

error: EEPROM read fail. Using defaults

ok

A post was split to a new topic: Issues since updating

That G54 line says you have a 30mm offset on your X axis. LightBurn doesn’t use them, or set them, so something else did. Do you also use your machine with other software, or as a CNC?

You can reset that by typing G92 X0 Y0 in the console, and that should clear the offset. If you type $# again, the G54 line should be all zeros. If it isn’t, let me know.

I’ll try that now, thanks. I use my MacBook to design for my CNC, but not to run it, I use a thumb drive for that and connect to a separate computer.

In anything that runs the CNC jobs, if you click a “set zero” button, could be setting a workspace offset.

In CNC work, you regularly “zero the workpiece”. LightBurn expects the zero point to be the origin of the machine, and if it isn’t, stuff won’t work properly.

that fixed the centering issue, now I just tried running a small project, same thing, burns 2 lines then stops.

Waiting for connection…

Port failed to open - already in use?

G92 X0 Y0

Waiting for connection…

����ok

ok

[VER:1.1f.V2.1:]

[OPT:VMHL,15,512]

Target buffer size found

ok

Homing

ok

G92 X0 Y0

ok

Starting stream

[MSG: Pgm End]

Stream completed in 0:03

File imported in 10 milliseconds

<Idle|MPos:400.000,200.000,0.000|Bf:15,511|FS:0,0|WCO:0.000,0.000,0.000>

ok

ok

ok

ok

<Idle|MPos:400.000,200.000,0.000|Bf:15,511|FS:0,5|Ov:100,100,100|A:S>

ok

<Idle|MPos:400.000,200.000,0.000|Bf:15,511|FS:0,5>

ok

Starting stream

Stream completed in 0:00

ok

ok

ok

<Idle|MPos:400.000,200.000,0.000|Bf:15,511|FS:0,0|Ov:100,100,100>

ok

<Idle|MPos:400.000,200.000,0.000|Bf:15,511|FS:0,0>

ok

Starting stream

Starting stream

Layer Ellie

error: Unsupported command

On or near line 0:

Job halted

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

Starting stream

Layer Ellie

error: Unsupported command

On or near line 0:

Job halted

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

ok

Grbl 1.1f [’$’ for help]

and now I rebooted and homed, and back to the centering issue. will I have to type that command every time?

Do you have your machine configure as an iLaser instead of GRBL?

I’ve seen this about 6 times now, and they all look exactly like this. iLaser is a machine many a Chinese company called MarxMake that used a variant of GRBL that they customized. They made some changes and added some new commands, and this release included those changes. Suddenly a bunch of people running GRBL machines are complaining their software doesn’t work because they picked the iLaser device, instead of GRBL.

Assuming this is what’s happened, click the “Devices” button, double click your laser, change from “iLaser” to “GRBL”, then click “Next” until you’re done.

You shouldn’t have to, no, though the “error reading eeprom” line is weird. It’s possible your machine isn’t writing the changes back to the eeprom, which would suck, because then you would have to re-zero on startup.

You didn’t answer before - does your machine have homing switches?

ill give that a shot. initial setup on the original version was not set as iLaser, was setup as Grbl.

yes it does

Draw a simple box, click “save GCode”, save it as a TXT file, and attach that here so I can have a look. The “unsupported command” will be in there, and I should be able to tell what’s wrong.

ok. just looked, and it was setup as iLaser, made the changes, still same issue with centering.

I apparently don’t know how to do that.

If it was iLaser, and you changed it to GRBL, you don’t need to do the box thing.

If you still have the offset issue, you can set a macro in the Console window by right-clicking a macro button. Enter the G92 X0 Y0 command in there, and call it “Zero” or something. Then you can just click that button to send the command of the machine is offset.

I had a similar issue with the update. I have an Xtool D1 and when I put the project in a specific place and try to cut,it would do crazy things. I uninstalled it and installed the older version and it works fine.