Hope its not a bug but not tried the measure tool before 1.4

Never used the measure tool before 1.4 version so not sure what it is…When I hover over a segment to measure it, it works fine then I try another one and sometimes it to is OK or not, it’s as if its frozen…But then when I zoom right in close all seems OK…Hope that makes sense…

I’m not really following the description.

The tool itself is dynamic. So as you move your mouse pointer the segment that’s being measured will become highlighted. If you continue to move the mouse any newly hovered segment will become highlighted and measured. Are you not seeing this?

measurement

Thanks for the reply…LOL I set the phone up to make a video and bugger me it is now working OK…
Will keep an eye or two on this my first report to and it’s a fizzer…
But if it starts again will do a video…Sorry for messing with your valuable time…

Merlin…

I managed to video the problem the first part of the video is nothing the problem can be seen from about the 40 sec mark.
You will see when I hover over the segment that it will measure OK for a few segments then when I hover over another part of the file it will not work, I then zoom in a bit closer and it start measuring correctly again, I zoom out and no work again zoom back in it works.
Then not in the video but I select another file and it works OK then again it does not work.
It just randomly works then not… I was thinking maybe it only works properly when zoomed in close… Merlin

I’ve tried all the ways I know to load this video but LB won’t let me, my video is an MP4 don’t know of a way to change it… sorry…Merlin

Not certain but it may be related to “Object Snap Distance” in Edit->Settings. By zooming in, it may be be the larger size allows snap tolerance to work on those shapes. Just speculating though.

Make note of your current setting and try changing that and possibly some of the adjacent related settings to see if that changes the behavior.

I tried reproducing the issue but can’t replicate the problem. Zooming out still allows me to get information on even the smallest segments. It may be that I have different settings possibly something else going on.

If you’re comfortable, post the .lbrn file where the problem is happening and I’ll check with that.

Attached is the file:

Cabinet Hinge.lbrn2 (586.8 KB)

Remember sometimes it works then other times it doesn’t…

Merlin…

I’ll try it a few different times today and tomorrow. Is there something that tends to trigger this behavior?

First attempt worked without incident.

You mentioned the snapping function, so I looked into this late this evening, When the snapping “to objects” is off there is a problem when snapping to “to objects” is on the problem seems to disappear…
So I guess the Snapping Tool has to be on for the Measure Tool to work correctly…
So unless you come up with something else…

Thanks for all the help and you people keep up the great work in what you do, This is the 1st piece of software that I have ever paid for and have no regrets all other software over the years has been Free…

Merlin…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.