Hotspot 5-6mm behind laser?

Hey, anyone ever have an issue with a laser having a ‘hotspot’ that is 5-6mm BEHIND and to the right the laser (see image)? We got this laser 2-3 weeks ago, and it has done this since day one. the only thing I can think of is the air assist is blowing hot air on that one spot? We have issues with it burning a line behind everything, and can only ‘fix it’ by wetting the material, but not everything can be wet. I am really confused on what to do!

could be out of alignment and hitting the edge of the nozzle, bouncing some rays off at an angle?. Put a piece of masking tape over the end of the nozzle and pulse the laser, it should be in the middle.

2 Likes

I can’t tell what I’m looking at. Is it the divits or the corners…? Are we looking at the product or the underlayment?

5 - 6 mm off anywhere is off the map on a laser, so it’s got to be some type of optics issue.

Assume you have checked alignment. Check that it’s producing a good TM0 beam.

:smile_cat:

1 Like

It could also be a defective lens that makes this spot. You should check your vertical laser beam as recommended by @LaserCuttingPro . However, I will start systematic troubleshooting starting at the tube.

1 Like

Thanks everyone. I will try to work through these suggestions

Update: Yeah, it was the alignment of the mirrors. the Mirror before the nozzle was hitting on the very edge of the lens, and not doing well. after adjusting it is working great! Thanks for all the tips!

1 Like