How to keep using Lightburn after License Expires

My license just expired, and I’m not sure how I purchase another year. Can anybody point me in the right direction? I read that it’s only an additional $20 for another year.

Also, I read that the program should continue to work, just not with any updates, but I’m unable to get it to work for me at all. Any help would be great!

Thank you!

The last version released before your license expired will work for you forever.

If you can elaborate on what exactly is happening when you say “I’m unable to get it to work for me at all” then we could help you resolve whatever is causing that exact error message.

The only other thing I can think of would be that we had some issues where older versions would treat an expired license as an error, and that was not supposed to happen. 0.9.05 corrected this, and we back-dated 0.9.05 through 0.9.07 to let people use those versions even with expired keys. Not sure what version you’re on, but you should really be on at least 0.9.07 no matter when your key expired. Here is a link to 0.9.07 in our version archive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=17WmUMSy2dbRuODjoiq0oCD8Zm2i6V9p4

All of the above it to say that you are not required to renew and we’re happy to help you resolve your issue and keep using the software as is, but if you wish to do so, renewal is here:

I just saw your email, and one of the screenshots shows a system time error.

That exact error message suggests you should sync system time with internet time. Even if it’s off by some seconds could be enough to cause this trip up.

1 Like

The time on my computer is automatically set by apple. It is as accurate as it gets. :grimacing:

You haven’t addressed everything else I mentioned :slight_smile:

1. If you’re running a version earlier than 0.9.07, get 0.9.07 from our version archive.

2. Regardless of the above, if you get “system time tampered with” error, sync system time: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203413

If you get a different error, let us know.

I have my time set to automatic and my internet is working.
How does one figure out what version they have? When I download the files via your google drive, I get a warning from Apple saying to not install this software because it isn’t verified. So when I open Lightburn and the very first window I get is “Your License has expired”. What is the next step that I should do from there??

I got it figured out. Thank you!

That should work, but “should” can be an odd thing these days. :wink: Maybe something changed or got tickled by computer gremlins. I might turn that OFF, reboot, and then back on again to ensure things are set properly.

1 Like

Great news! Please share what you did to resolve so others that read this can benefit from your experience.

2 Likes

Thank you so much Rick, I appreciate you.
I ended up restarting my computer, which I assume fixed the time (maybe??), and I overrode the apple message, which I remember having to do last year when I purchased the license. Oddly enough, I was still able to update to the newest version. :woman_shrugging:t3: But I’m not complaining! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.