How to set up Lightburn for two of the same Lasers

I have a Genmitsu Jinsoku LC-40 10W and a Genmitsu Jinsoku LC-40 5W. Light burn sees the separate com ports, but if I search for a new device, I cannot add another laser. How do you set this up so I can run both lasers from one laptop? Or is this not possible?

What’s preventing it? Are you saying another device is not found?

If so, either create the device manually or do an export->import of your existing device. Rename the device appropriately so you’re aware which is which.

1 Like

Yes, I just have one GRBL but I see two com ports. Right now, I have two sessions of Lightburn open and one has com 3 selected and the other has com 4 selected. I can burn to both this way. I just thought that I would be able to see two devices in lightburn, but since that are the same machines, it doesn’t see two. I guess this works the way I have it.

You can create a new device with the method listed above. One advantage is that you could potentially host different material databases for each device.

If you don’t want/need a different material database you could keep doing what you’re doing but then just add laser specific entries into your common database.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.