How to use Optimizing?

Not sure if I posted this correctly this morning.

First off - I am SURE it is me not doing something I should be doing.

Soo, I am trying to learn more about how to use Lightburn and get better at it.

I am trying to use the Optimize Cut Path

I have the green button clicked ON
I go into Optimize Settings
I try changing things - Order by Layer, Order by Group, Cut in direction, right-left-top, reduce travel moves, etc, etc
Then I click OK
Then I go to preview - NOTHING changes.

There MUST be something I am not doing - like recalculating or something like that.

What may I be not doing?

Have a review of this section of our documentation as a good starting point: Optimization Settings - LightBurn Software Documentation

Right at the top of that page is a link, to a video worth review on the subject that can be helpful in understanding the expected effects of the changes made to optimize your cut planning process. For faster serviceā€¦find below.

Let us know what additional question arise, what you are trying to control, and we might be able to suggest adjustments to achieve what you are wanting. :slight_smile:

First off - I am SURE it is me not doing something I should be doing.

Soo, I am trying to learn more about how to use Lightburn and get better at it.

I am trying to use the Optimize Cut Path

I have the green button clicked ON
I go into Optimize Settings
I try changing things - Order by Layer, Order by Group, Cut in direction, right-left-top, reduce travel moves, etc, etc
Then I click OK
Then I go to preview - NOTHING changes.

There MUST be something I am not doing - like recalculating or something like that.

What may I be not doing?

Please do not double post. It makes more work for everyone involved. Thank you.

Before I posted I watched the video a couple of times. I also read the documentation, a couple of times.

I tried just making squares like in the video and that worked out OK. I kept playing around and I got my file to work, but I think the settings in the CUT / Layers make a difference. I am pretty sure that is where the differences existed. It was in the individual settings, not in the optimization that was giving me issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.