How to use the Min Max Ruida setting vs Min Max on layer and Power Scale in Shape properties

I am trying to understand the relationship between the Ruida Min Max setting, Lightburn layer settings + the Shape Properties Power Scale. When I setup my Ruida the Laser settings are Min 6 Max 99. My tube actually fires at 7%.
This gives me a Scale 6-99

1. Does this mean that if I set Lightburn layer Power Max% to 2% that my tube will fire? 6%+ 2%?
  2. If I set Power Max to 50% will it technically run @ 46.5% (Actual laser power)
  3. If I set Power Max to 100% and Power Min% 0
    Go to Shape Properties and set Power Scale to 50% will it technically run @ 46.5% (Actual laser power)
    If I set Power Max% to 80% and Power Min% 60%
    Go to Shape Properties and set Power Scale to 50% will it technically run @ 65.1% (Actual laser power) Or 70% (Actual laser power)

I guess the brunt of the question is are the Lightburn power settings scales to the Min Max of the Ruida setting or still just 0 - 100% of the Power supply range?

Going back this morning and reading my question I guess it may be a little confusing. Let see if I can explain myself any better.

My Ruida is Set Min Power at 6% and Max Power at 90%, does this mean that in Lightburn Power Min of 0% would actually be 6% and Power Max% 100 would be 90% at the Laser? Or would it still be 6% and 90% at the laser?

Thanks

1 Like

There is also a ‘jumpoff speed’ setting withing the controller as to where min is.

Screenshot from 2021-10-01 14-15-04

:smiley_cat:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.