(I Am in desperate need of some help!) Laser seems to want to operate on wrong axis plane

Hello, I have a Jtech laser and a Shapeoko 3XL setup, with Lightburn and a camera. I have used the laser successfully using the start from the

current position setting however when I try to use the camera and Absolute Coordinates setting my machine is failing.

The machine wants to carry the laser off of the work surface to a point somewhere out front of the machine, it grinds the wheels trying to continue moving forward and to the left of 0,0. I have attached a photo. I have the use Laser and use CNC macros but this has been an ongoing issue since I have first set up this machine.

Please help I have a large job to do and I need to get this thing acting right!

Have you configured the machine origin properly to the front left with a workspace offset, and set $10=0 in the settings?

If not, read here: https://lightburnsoftware.github.io/NewDocs/CommonGrblSetups.html

Hi thanks for the reply, ok I think I have figured out why I am having the problem. I believe I am setup correctly in the software but the setup does not account for the fact that my laser is mounted 7.5" in front of the Z-Plate on my Shapeoko. So when the software wants to go to its origin it is trying to go to X0 Y-7.5. When I told the carriage to go X0 Y7.0 it came to what is the actual 0,0 position with no grinding or other issues.

So is there a way to offset the Y in my origin by 7"?

This is an error message I think I am getting regarding this issue.

HLP:$$ $# $G $I $N $x=val $Nx=line $J=line $SLP $C $X $H ~ ! ? ctrl-x

So tried to set the origin to X.25 Y7 but it did not work.

You should be able to just subtract that offset from the workspace offset macro you use to set the zero point.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.