I cant open the $$ console in Lightburn

HI there

I have bought the neje max plus 2 i have been recommend to use Lightburn in this grbl but i come across with a code problem

Starting stream

Layer C00

fx��fx

fx��fx

fx��fx

fx��fx

fx��fx

fx��fx

fx��fx

fx��fx

So i have been looking around the forum and i read that someone say that i need to change $110 and $110values but when i when to the console and Type $$ and press enter the Grbl setting doesn’t come up.

After i when to the device setting and its saying no controller communication, what i found weird because i just run a file in the machine

Can someone give a hand here? i do not understand what’s going on…

thanks in advance

Joao Sarmentp

When you first connect to the NEJE, what does it say in the console? The weird characters look like interference in the communication line, but could also be from the NEJE not using real GRBL firmware. Many of the NEJE devices I’ve seen don’t use real GRBL, or use a strange customized version that they wrote, removing many of the features, but leaving just enough to make it work (poorly) with other software.

Hi thank for the fast reply

i got this (see screenshot below) when the machine is working a svg file with lightburn

Waiting for connection…

Waiting for connection…

Project loaded in 27 milliseconds

Grbl 1.1f [’$’ for help]

ok

[VER:1.1f.20180715:����������������������������������������������������������������]

[OPT:VML,35,254]

Target buffer size found

ok

Homing

ok

Starting stream

Stream completed in 0:26

Starting stream

Stream completed in 0:19

Starting stream

Starting stream

Starting stream

Starting stream

Starting stream

Starting stream

Starting stream

Layer C02 Pass 1 of 2

fx��fx

Layer C02 Pass 2 of 2

the board for the neje 40 plus is (see link below)

and in their website
https://wiki.nejetool.com/doku.php?id=nejelaser_master_2_max

is a reference about the Lightburn, probably you are right, i need to load the grbl firmware… i go to try it. thank again for you explanation

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.